Nimbus Bass Reverb
The Nimbus is a high quality reverb designed specifically for bass instruments.
The Nimbus allows for deep and powerful reverbs to be created, with a built-in highpass filter on the reverb signal to keep the instrument’s low end intact without introducing muddiness. The Nimbus has a simple interface which allows the user to sculpt complex reverb sounds in an intuitive way.
Decay times up to several minutes are possible, so the Nimbus can be used to create ambient drones with any instrument.
- Room Size: Controls the size of the reverberating space, continuously variable from small practice rooms to massive concert halls with long ambient decay, and when the filter is defeated, approximately infinite decay time is possible.
- Filter: Controls the highpass filter which effects the reverb signal only. Typical reverbs can become muddy when applied to bass – by using this control to filter low frequencies from the reverb path, the tightness, definition, and low end of the instrument’s natural sound can be maintained even with huge reverbs. The control turns off at minimum, to allow for full-range reverb if desired.
- Turning both Room Size and Filter all the way clockwise will set the Nimbus into Infinite mode.
- Clean: Controls the volume of the clean signal, which remains analog throughout the signal path.
- Reverb: Controls the volume of the reverb signal.
- The two volume controls are extremely flexible: everything from a barely-perceptible amount of reverb, all the way to 100% wet can be achieved.
- Relay-based true bypass.
- Measures 4.7″ x 2.5″ (12cm x 6.3cm). Runs on industry-standard 9 volt DC center negative power supply.
- Audio and power jacks on the top of the pedal.